Early Stage Exploration – Precious Metals – West Central, Quebec
- Large scale (> 250 square kilometre) property located between the active Casa Berardi gold mine, the former producing Estrades gold-rich VMS deposit and the >50 mT Selbaie Cu-Zn-Ag-Au deposit in West Central, Quebec
- The Hwy 810 property covers a number of geological environments prospective from precious and base metals.
- Like Balmoral’s Detour Trend Project located just to the north the Hwy 810 Property area is extensively overburden covered.
- The Property is covered by Balmoral’s proprietary airborne mag/EM database with numerous conductive trends and targets evident.
- The Hwy 810 Property enjoys excellent access is located along one of the two main access routes to Balmoral’s Detour Trend Project
- Balmoral owns a 100% Interest in the Hwy 810 Property with no underlying royalties or agreements
Balmoral’s review of publically available and proprietary geological data indicates the presence of numerous gold, and local silver rich, occurrences within the confines of the Hwy 810 Property. Perhaps more importantly the Property covers a number of structural zones which shares similarities to gold deposits in other areas of the Abitibi greenstone belt and in greenstone sequences elsewhere in Canada.
The nearby Casa-Berardi deposit, Balmoral’s discoveries to the north at Bug Lake and Martiniere West and the Detour Gold deposit all show unique characteristics. Characteristics of these deposits and other significant gold occurrences in the regional provide the fundamentals of a working model with can be used to target gold mineralization on Hwy 810 Property.
Silver-zinc rich horizons of likely VMS affinity are a feature of several occurrences in the greater Selbaie area including at least one such occurrence within the northern portion of the Property.
Base Metal Potential
Gold-rich VMS Deposits
The former producing, gold-rich Estrades VMS deposit (13% zinc, 6.4 g/t gold) is located just to the southeast of the Property. With the Hwy 810 Property located between Estrades and the massive Selbaie Zn-Cu-Ag-Au deposit there is good potential for the discovery of VMS style mineralization on the Property. The gold-rich nature of the Estrades system, perhaps like the La Ronde deposit near Rouyn-Noranda, relates to its position proximal to a regional-scale fault system providing a working model for targeting additional high value discoveries of this nature.